Monday, November 28, 2011

A post of bragging

This little girl is quite the mimic.  She pays attention to everything and constantly repeats the things she hears from us, the TV, or from her friends.  Recently I witnessed her on her little blackberry.  She was playing with Ella and she pushed the screen and told her, very matter of factly, "It says, go north at the trees, through the cave, and in to where the wilderness starts."  Thank you Dora for that, but also Brian and I constantly looking things up on our phones. 
Her inflections are hilarious.  The other day she expressively told me, (insert dramatic valley girl voice) "This is kinda weird.  I have a story to tell you and it's soooo crazy.  The other day, I was watching a show at grandma's house, and one of the characters looked just like Mitchells mom!" (insert tiny squeal).  I laughed to which she responded, "I'm not lying or kidding, this is serious."  She is so passionate and intense.  She always has been.
While driving home, Bush was on the radio and he was singing, "this cloud, this cloud, this cloud, this cloud."  Xiana told me, "mom, can you turn this song off because this sound is annoying!" 
We watched Soul Surfer and Xiana was so excited at the end exclaiming, "she's surf boarding!"  she was very happy that she had made it up again. 
One morning I overheard her tell grandpa, "I'm in the right family, you know why?  my back hurts and so does my mommy's and my daddy's."
Another time I heard her tell grandpa, "lots of people jump the gun, but we don't.  Do you know what jumping the gun means?  It means doing it too soon."  We had recently had a conversation about that particular phrase.  Initially she called it, "shooting the gun."
Her little brother sits up all by himself.  The other day Xiana came in and kissed him on the head saying, "I just kissed-ed Kolton's sweet little head."  Another day she told me, "my grandma is going to get this stuff that's the same color as her hair and she's gonna dilate her hair!"  She couldn't be persuaded that the word she was looking for was dye.  She continues to memorize songs like crazy particularly Taylor Swift, Lady Ga Ga, and Adele.  She has an amazing ability.
Here is Kolton enjoying the show, sitting up all by himself thinking he's pretty big.
Brian often resorts to the sink for a Sunday bath... Kolton loves it!
He is getting really good at holding his own bottle, which helps save me time, but my mom loves to feed him because he cuddles.  She does not embrace his independence the way we do around here.  He generally requires a little cat nap in the evenings, just enough to take the edge off.  The other night he was crawling around while each of us were otherwise occupied.  We looked up to find he had put himself to bed... right on the floor.  I couldn't resist the shot.
I recognize that these pictures are ultimately the same, but I just couldn't bear the thought of not having both of them in our blog book.  He looks like such a big boy.  I just want to eat his little
cheeks for dinner! 
Xiana plays and plays with Kolton, constantly trying to make him laugh and help out with feeding/entertaining/changing/holding/bragging about him.
bath time is much more pleasant now that he can sit up alone.  He loves to splash and play.  What used to be the dreaded hour is now one of his favorite parts of the day.  I love his amused expression; like he knows what we don't and finds it entertaining.  These kids rock!

1 comment:

  1. lol... your posts always make me laugh, smile or giggle. I know it's only been a couple weeks but I swear Kolten is going to be a toddler in a blink of an eye... So crazy! As for Xiana she's already passed me in my years!!!! Seriously!

    ReplyDelete