Friday, November 11, 2011

Birth day

On Xiana's actual birth day birthday, I began the morning by telling her about the day of her birth. She loves to hear the story. I explain how she was breached and she was so very stubborn that after the doctor cut me open, he tried to get to her head and simply could not get her turned around. So he grabbed her by the feet and pulled her out. I always grab her feet and hang her upside down at this part in the story. I must admit, this is getting harder to do despite her tiny stature. Still, she loves it. This little outfit was a gift from grandma and grandpa Andersen and she, of course, had to model it for us.
I can't believe how much older she is. I was just looking at pictures of her last year's birthday and it's staggering how much she has grown.
For breakfast she requested donuts so I loaded up the diaper bag, and stuck a candle in the pocket and we went to her favorite bistro. Once there, she picked out her donut and I stuck the candle in it and sang my very own happy birthday to her. Then she made a wish and we dined.
For lunch she wanted McDonald's playland so we went to meet up with some of her very best friends that didn't get to make it to the party. We played there for almost three hours. It was very fun (and quite dirty, but I choose to overlook that detail).
In the afternoon she opened some of her awesome presents and began a day of art. She painted, colored, cut and glued for hours enabling me to get her birthday feast underway.
Then all of the family that lives here (mine and Brian's) came over for dinner, cake, and more presents!!
My little girl is four. Will I ever feel any less nostalgic on her birthdays? I think not.
Kolton really loves one (okay lots) of her gifts. This bean bag chair is as successful as gifts come!

1 comment:

  1. way cute! It sounds like she had the best 4 year old birthday ever! McDonalds AND donuts - wow! I love the picture of her blowing out the candles on her cake. She is precious! We love you Xiana!

    ReplyDelete