Thursday, November 3, 2011

Baby Hulk

This little boy is strong... super strong... like, think baby Hulk (Incredible or Hogan) strong. He wants to be on those little strong legs all day long. We mostly let him. However, it's a bit hard on grandma to hold him in a standing position for hours so...my dear friend Kate found this exersaucer for us to put at grandma's house. I dare say Kolton is a happy, upright little man. He is scooting around like a maniac. He doesn't crawl yet, but he doesn't stay in the same place either. He gets up on those knees and propels himself forward like a walrus. Sometimes it looks painful, but it doesn't seem to bother him. He is, after all, strong. Either that or he has weighed his options and deemed catapulting onto his belly worth the pain in exchange for mobility. I'm not sure.
I'd like to include a picture of his two little teeth, but unfortunately, he has no interest in keeping that little mouth open without his tongue feeling his new ridges. He got his first tooth on October 21st. He was just barely over 5 months. He got his second tooth on October 28th. It appears as if he has a few more coming in. As I have mentioned, he is not the most cuddly baby alive.... so when he nestled his little head into the space between my chest and neck, my heart melted. I kept saying, "Brian, are you seeing this? He is cuddling me!!" Brian, jealous, told him to come and cuddle his papa. Cuddles are just so rare with this strong boy. And then... a tooth. So there you have it. That is how strong baby boys grow teeth. They cuddle for roughly 60 seconds and then go on their merry way.
I love him just the same. He is not even close to strong enough to prevent his mama from smothering him with kisses every. single. chance. I. get. I love him!

1 comment: