Saturday, October 8, 2011

XiQnQ

Oh Xiana! She is so bright and fun and precocious. She writes her name all by herself on EVERYTHING! It looks like XiQnQ, but it is clearly her name. She is so smart. I feel bad that she doesn't get to start kindergarten for another 2 years!! She is so ready. Everyday she writes letters all over the place and asks what they spell. Sometimes I make up words and she's very proud of herself. Other times I sound them out, something like, "that spells shrimfrkoplts." The funny thing is, fake words make her just as proud. She'll run around saying, 'I spelled shrimfrokoplts."




  • She has discovered that she can count forwards to 50 and backwards from 10. I think she's more proud of her backwards counting. Additionally, the other night Brian was playing Simon says with the girls. He said, "Simon says spell your name backwards." My girl counted the letters on her fingers and went ahead and spelled her name backwards. I was astonished! She is amazing!




  • This little outfit is her new one she picked out. She loves it and she looks like such a big girl. We argued about the outfit on this particular day and she fought and fought and fought with me about wearing it. I tried to explain to her that white pants were not really park wear. Well, she assured me that she would take great care of it. I was SO mad when I picked her up and she was covered from top to bottom with grass stains. Seriously fuming!! I told her that she was going to have to empty her piggy bank and replace them if she couldn't listen to me and obey when I told her not to wear it to the park. Sobbing she exclaimed, "You can't! I'm saving that money for college!" She successfully diffused the moment and salvaged her piggy bank, though I explained she could use it for toys instead and always get good grades for scholarships.

  • at Costco she got mad that I wouldn't let her go to the bathroom by herself. I told her I didn't want her to get kidnapped. She looked around and said, "there aren't any kidnappers here."




One day she came to me and announced, "If I were Heavenly Father and Jesus I would say to Satan to do the right commands."





  • On TV there was a character that announced they didn't belive in God. Horrified she gasped, "we have to believe in God. That is not right to say that. They are being naughty!"


  • She asked me one day if Heavenly Father was "the most highest." I said yes so she commented, "oh, and Jesus is the son of God."


I've been playing phone tag with my friend Cambridge and I mentioned it to Xiana. She said, "hey, I didn't realize that Cambridge rhymes with London Bridge."
She wanted to take a silly face picture. It seems her silly face is most often a very angry face!



I keep teasing her that she's from California because when she tells stories lately she uses like for every other word. a typical sentence in her world is: "so like I was like totally confused because like it was like so slow and like weird" gasp for breath, "isn't that like crazy?" I recognize this particular mannerism is my fault, but it's still wildly annoying. Yet, she's pretty amazing making all things Xiana more tolerable. She has become such a great helper around the house and with Kolton. I often don't even have to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment