Saturday, October 8, 2011

A B C's

This year we have a new co-op preschool. It is the same idea, but a different group of moms. Our last years group mostly put their toddlers in professional pre-schools so we were SO LUCKY to be able to join a pre-existing one. Also, I feel like everyone is so wonderfully accommodating because Mondays work best for said group. Unfortunately, I work for 12 hours on Mondays. So, my dad takes Xiana in the morning, and then every mom was willing to let her stay an extra 2 1/2 hours until Brian got there. Now, however, my mom has grown very bold indeed and ventures out to both take and pick Xiana up from pre-school on Mondays. Then when it is my turn, we opt for a Tuesday. It is marvelous. I am so grateful that Xiana doesn't have to miss out because of my crazy schedule. I'm grateful to all the other moms, but most of all, I'm grateful to my own. She is amazing. She takes my kids every week for way too many hours and never complains or gripes or expects anything in return. She is superwoman! Even though it scares her, she tackles the job without complaint, and that it bravery. We LOVE this group. They are so fun and eager to have little lessons. Plus, it's very organized and more along the lines of what I attempted at last year. For our week we had the letter r the color orange, the shape square, and the number 4. It was very fun. I can't believe how smart these kids are!
We started the day with free time and my standard yarn puzzles.
Then they did a little letter tracing...
and blew some bubbles...
did some art... ate some snacks... read some stories... played with masks and felt boards... and then the day was done. And it was such fun. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment