Saturday, October 8, 2011

Kolton with a K

It's so exciting to have a baby and a toddler. Every day they learn new things and give us more reasons to be proud of them. (Let's be honest, every day they also give us reasons to want to strangle them!) But, they are just so darn cute!!! At 3 1/2 months Kolton can sit very sturdily in his bumbo.
Which means... drum roll please... at 4 months old we started him on cereal! This kid acts like he's been eating his whole life. With Xiana it took her a long time to not force the food out of her mouth with her tongue. Oh the messes she would make. Not Kolton with a K, no sirree. He doesn't make a mess or waste a drop. He eats perfectly which helped assuage my questions of whether we were starting him too young or not.
Don't be fooled by his expression in this picture. He loves to eat food!! At his 4 month check up he was just shy of 13 lbs and 24 1/2 inches long. I couldn't believe how big he was considering his big sister didn't weigh that until her 12 month check up. Imagine my surprise when I discovered he was only in the 10th and 25th percentiles respectively. He is healthy and wonderfully perfect though so no worries. Plus, if he keeps eating like he has been he'll chunk up in no time!

When I come get him out of his crib in the mornings now he has his head pressed against the corner. It must be soothing somehow. Also, he rolls around regularly so it is not uncommon for me to find him on his tummy in the morning. This is particularly interesting considering when he gets stuck on his tummy in the living room he squawks until someone rolls him back over. He has several little suits and I daresay he is the most darling little boy that ever rocked a full suit!!! I know I may be partial, but seriously... does it get any better?

He has discovered his feet and they bring him great joy. He has also discovered he can take his own socks off. He isn't nearly as content to be left on the floor anymore which makes life a little bit harder, but it's comforting too, to know that he loves to be with his family.

He continues to be so good natured, but stiff as stiff gets. He is strong and wants to stand up all day long. That's part of why he no longer loves the floor the best. We got him a jumper and he's pretty happy to bounce bounce bounce all day. He's very happy when daddy gets home from work, talking to him, following him closely with his eyes as if to say, "don't leave again daddy." He's pretty much awesome.

We took the kids to the Smurfs movie where I thought he would sleep, but instead he watched the entire movie with rapt attention. When the animation would head towards the audience he would duck and squeal. It was darling. He loves loves loves his sisters. Life would sure be dull without them.
Of course he loves mommy best. :P My favorite thing he does is when he talks to me, he puts his hands on my cheeks while he gazes at my face. It's enough to melt my heart. Also, when he nurses, he puts his fingers in my mouth feeling my teeth and my lips. He is so sweet.
And kissable. Though sometimes I think I can hear him saying, "stop kissing me!" But I don't listen because I'm his mommy and I don't have to.
He's big enough for a real stroller now. Again, don't let his expression fool you... he loves it! We go on walks to the park and he thinks he's pretty cool. So does his sister on this sit and stand. Life is good my friends, life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment