Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pumpkin Patch Preview

Our dear friends the Andelins run a family farm pumpkin patch each year (this is their second). It is f.a.b.u.l.o.u.s. For starters, it is directly across the street from us so it's easy access. Also, all of my friends, and thus all of Xiana's friends go there regularly. We got a season pass and, I think, got our money's worth. There are so many fun things to do there, and such great people that I constantly have to remind myself this is still a public place. It's hard not to let your kids run free. They have a corn box full of corn kernels and sand toys. If I were a kid, I know that would be my favorite part.
We got to go on hay rides around the farm.
Play some more in the corn...
When Natalie first started the tractor, I swear I almost fell out. All the kids were solid and sturdy, the grownups... not so much.
They have saddles set up with lassos and a fake cow to rope.
There is a slide coming off the hay behind me.
And, Xiana's absolute most favorite part: a dress up barn. There are costumes galore and the kids gravitate to them. They try on every outfit and tell us, "I'm a cowgirl, dragon, princess, cop, etc."
And of course, the reason for the event... the pumpkin patch (although Xiana forgot to bring her pumpkin home several times).
Warning: this will not be my last pumpkin patch post. There are more to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment