Saturday, October 8, 2011

Oh Ribs!

Rib cook off again... it's weird how these annual events keep making their way onto the old blog. This year I went a little early so that I could take Xiana on the rides (Brian was working the event). Unfortunately, I failed to remember that I had a baby and would not be able to chaperone her. Thankfully, some kids were willing to sit next to her on the ride making the attendant happy. Xiana squealed with delight as the ride spun her around. I was proud of her and not ashamed to admit I was also jealous!
Brian's parents, Kevin, Ali and Larry, my dad, and Garrett all met up down there. We indulged in some serious ribs and desserts. It was delicious as usual. This is my dad's favorite event. In fact, he went 3 nights in a row and had to talk himself out of a 4th.
Kolton liked the ribs too... just kidding!
It was pretty chaotic, but the kids loved it and so did their mommy. It is, after all, tradition.
The last stop of the night was to let the girls ride the train (after Xiana and I went on the spinning dragons of course...we were only minutely sick, but we sure spun fast!)

No comments:

Post a Comment