Friday, October 7, 2011

Art and circles

Xiana spends a great deal of her time in her art corner. It's really nice for me because it affords me some free time to get stuff done. She paints, colors, glues, and cuts. The other day I ran out of printer paper and I was crazy mad at her because I always tell her she doesn't need a million pieces of paper to draw one tiny thing on each. She needs to use the paper. Then she showed me that she had made 9 "place mats." She had drawn and cut out circles with the paper. I had no idea she could draw or cut nice circles like that. It was a great reality check for me. It's $3 for a pack of 100 sheets of paper. The discoveries she is making are priceless! The next day I bought her her own package of printer paper. I swear, sometimes I just can't be happy. Poor thing is keeping herself entertained in an educational and creative way and I'm yelling at her for using my inexpensive paper. Great mommy lesson!!

No comments:

Post a Comment