Sunday, October 30, 2011

Oh these kids!!!

What can I say? They are so smart, attractive, wonderful, energetic, full of life, keep you on your toes at all times, and sassy. Sometimes I don't know whether to hug them or beat them, to laugh or to cry. Xiana is such a little diva with her hair straightened. I can't believe how long it's getting... I think she needs a trim.



The other day Xiana came running out of her bedroom in her panties with her hands in the air in a model pose exclaiming, "I'm a fashionista!"



She's beginning to really understand the concept of spelling. The other day at grandma's house she kept running from her coloring book in the kitchen, to Kolton's exersaucer in the living room, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. There is quite a distance between the two. My mom finally asked her what on earth she was doing. "I'm writing baby Einstein." She explained. The letters were on his toy so she was committing them to memory. Indeed friends, she wrote baby Einstein. It looked like this: BQBY Einsxein. The t on the toy was tilted making it look like an x. No amount of persuasion could convince my girl that it was, in fact a t.



She also writes Ekco's name by copying the lettering up on her wall. Genius I tell you, sheer genius.



The other day she commented on something and I told her she was wrong. She assured me, "Oh mom, that's just a figure of speech!"



We had our program at church and Xiana sang every word to every song at the top of her lungs. And believe me, girl has got some lungs! She was so passionate, emphatic, and enthused. She loves nothing more than primary and primary songs. Well, she might love being the center of attention more. As a result, she capitalized on all her favorite things. I saw a lot of teary eyes in the crowd, but I'll be honest, it was hard for me to stop laughing. She was so intensely serious with her big eyes bulged out of her head. It was absolutely priceless. I am so impressed that the chorister could teach these little children so many songs. It was awesome.

Kolton is officially wearing 6 month clothes which is no small feat in the land of small babies. In this picture he is 5 months. He talks all the time, singing in his crib. He is so sweet. He continues to want to be on his feet as much as possible, thus, LOVING his jumper. He jumps and jumps and jumps.
And then he jumps some more, often singing while he does so.
He doesn't make it very easy to grade papers. He insists on being held and then double insists on holding my pen... little stinker! He is not very cuddly, but he is as smiley as they come. He laughs and smiles all the time. He often has this expression like he is intently studying something or other; like he gets it. He is such a joy. He loves to wrestle with daddy. I personally think Brian is too rough with him, but he laughs and laughs and laughs pleading for more so I guess I'm just a girl... what do I know?

No comments:

Post a Comment