Monday, August 22, 2011

This and that

And by this and that I mean this smile...


and that nap...This is how it works around here. Kolton can go directly from smiling and cooing and talking to snoozing. It's awfully sweet. I only wish I could somehow make him sleep when I want instead of when he wants... during the day that is. He continues to sleep well at night often giving me 10 hours at a time. Sometimes, however, he wakes twice a night and I grumble until I remember the sleepless nights of his sister's past. Then it doesn't seem quite so bad. He naps well during the day too... in his swing. This poses a particular problem because I am going back to work next week. So far I've gotten him to take two naps in his crib... we'll keep working on it. It's interesting. I keep reading Xiana's journal to see what her schedule was like, try to remember the baby stages, etc. I can't believe what a different child he is than she was. We are all truly and remarkably different... from birth on. It is testimony building to me to realize just how intricate God's children are. Also, my place in life is vastly different. I am apprehensive about going back to work and leaving this little bundle with Grandma, but that's the extent. When I went back to work when Xiana was a baby, I recall gnashing of teeth. I was gone about quadruple the amount of hours and she was going to daycare rather than to grandma and grandpa's house. It was so sad, and so hard. This is just moderately hard in comparison. I feel so blessed to have parents who live close and a mom willing to take the kids. Plus, what a relief it is to get to leave them with their daddy while I teach my night classes... truly a different life!
I took Xiana to the splash park which was closed. Fortunately, the water fountain at the park next door was broken. Xiana might have had more fun with it than at the splash park... and it was free! She has fun everywhere she goes.
We rented Rango and had a mommy daughter date one day (then a daddy daughter date with the same movie that night) and at the end she was listening to the music playing while the credits rolled. I went to turn it off and she said, "wait, I'm listening to the musical adventurement."


The other day she came up to me and said, "mom, I'm wondering. How do they get in our tvs and stuff?"


While looking at her phone she said, (in her best valley girl voice) "My phone doesn't even make sense. It says that Batla lost weight and I don't even know her. What are you saying? What the?" (while this is funny it is also a bit disconcerting)


In her prayer the other night she said, "thank you for grandma to have a soda." (It was a Sunday and mom and dad came over for dinner where she had a much needed Dr. Pepper :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey cute update! I love Colton's smiles- they are precious! That's funny Xi was referring to someone named Batla! Emma sometimes says she doesn't like Boo boo. (whoever that is!) I hope things go smoothly with the kiddos when you start teaching again!

    ReplyDelete