Sunday, August 14, 2011

24th celebration!

This picture has nothing to do with the 24th of July. This is my new brother-in-law Larry. He is quite big. I think it's absolutely darling to see the startling difference in size between he and my little Kolton.
And now, for the 24th. We had a busy day meeting my mom for breakfast at IHOP and then helping her get the snow cone machines to the church. The girls were excited. I was too. The 24th celebration is something I always look forward to because I love to see everyone in the stake. As a child I was overly anxious to drink home made root beer, eat cotton candy, and throw balls to immerse people (such as the bishop) into the dunk tank. In past years many of these traditions have changed. Last year there was a breakfast and this year, snow cones and games.... at least that's what was supposed to happen.
A brief intermission to admire my standing-up boy. He's awfully cute with his little round, bald head!
So, that's what was supposed to happen. Unfortunately there was a major malfunction in the assignments for the wards, coupled with the last day of girls camp, resulting in an abysmal turnout.... like think 45 instead of 500. But, no worries. We ate our picnic, tried about 10 different flavors of snow cones, and the kids played on the grass.
Games like soccer and catch and keep away replaced traditional pioneer games and dances.
And what party can be complete without a little red rover red rover...
send Ekco right over!?!
Kolton hung out with daddy on a blanket.
And I watched the girls enjoy themselves and helped my mom out manning the snow cone machines which was hard work with the multitude of people ready for snow cones.... Brian I mean:)
Who seems to have made it through this evening with out a single picture...

1 comment: