Friday, August 5, 2011

My boy


It's a Sunday afternoon. The house is eerily quiet after a loud and fun filled family reunion (will post later about that). My girl is watching the Prodigal Son and my boy is sleeping soundly in his swing after an exhausting couple of days. Brian is returning Ekco to Fernly and I am on my 5th load of towels. There are cookies in the oven to take visiting teaching tomorrow and all seems right in the world. I am so far behind on my blog, but I continue to make great efforts to get caught up. Xiana's baby book screams at me from the boxes and I know I don't want to find myself in a place where I am too overwhelmed to continue journaling for my family. So, I sit and I write. I want to sing from the rooftops praise for my boy. He is the best baby. He sleeps well, he is good natured and now... he giggles. In all fairness he hasn't granted for me the whole hearted chuckle he has bestowed upon his daddy. But I don't care. I'm grateful to hear his laugh no matter who he gives it to. He is no longer selfish with his smiles. He generously offers them to whomever will give him the least bit of attention. He has discovered his hands. He loves to suck on them and I often catch him looking at them in bewilderment. He has also managed to learn how to navigate the use of them enough to be able to both bat at and grab toys. He is more interactive daily and LOVES his sissies and papa. He doesn't like to get far from his mama... I've heard from more than one person how alert and responsive he is and my brother-in-law said he is one of the best natured babies he has met. I agree. He rarely cries. He is a sweet boy. When I was nursing him today I was yelling at Xiana for something and he was distracted from eating smiling and laughing up at me. I told him it was not funny, but he still diffused the situation. By the end all three of us were giggling, whatever infraction made me angry to begin with forgotten. He is already bringing more peace to this home.

No comments:

Post a Comment