Monday, August 22, 2011

Crazy girl

Xiana is pretty convinced that she can do karate now. She attempts it quite regularly and tells you to check out her new Karate move.


  • She continues to grow spiritually. One morning she came upstairs and it was early and Kolton was still sleeping so I told her to go do art. She didn't protest at all so I didn't think anything of it. A few minutes later I came downstairs to find her knelt in prayer crying. I asked what she was doing and she told me she was praying for someone to hang out with her. Poor sweet girl. Then, on Sunday I was late for a meeting and she was looking for her favorite bracelet. I didn't have time or patience and I got mad at her for crying and left. I was feeling bad about it at my meeting thinking that when we got home I would have to help her find it, hoping that it wasn't left at the rib cook off. When she arrived at church she was wearing it. I praised her and asked how she found it. She answered, "I prayed for Heavenly Father to help me find it and He showed me where it was." I'm so proud of her and her great faith. She is such a good example to me of believing and relying on God.

  • I'm constantly amazed at her immense vocabulary. The other night I asked her if Kolton was asleep in the back seat. She said she didn't know because it was dark. A few seconds later she said, "he's awake because I just saw a reflection of light in his eyes." She constantly uses words I didn't know she knew and she listens to EVERYTHING....sometimes to my chagrin.

  • The other day we were talking about how many bunnies there are in our backyard and she asked why. I was explaining to her that bunnies can have babies every 30 days and that they can have a large litter. She said, "ohhh, so they have lots of nurses that help deliver their babies."

  • While playing with her male cousin they were arguing about a shape Xiana had cut out. She said, "it's a diamond." He replied, "it's a pontoon." Oh the difference between boys and girls.

  • I took her to young women with me one night and she came to me excited asking, "did you know there was a cop here?" I did not know this and told her such. Later, when we were walking out the front door there was a scout leader in uniform at the entrance. Xiana proudly said, "see mom, I told you there was a cop."

  • One day she assuredly told me, "mom, I'm obsessed with chuckar." Silly little girl.

  • Somebody was yelling on the side of the street one day and she asked, "mom, is that under the law?"
She is wonderful. I love this girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment