Monday, August 22, 2011

Oh Lake Tahoe... how I've missed thee!

My job for our upcoming family reunion was to check out a beach at Tahoe...don't mind if I do. It is a city beach so there is a playground and grass and beach. It's pretty nice, but the sand doesn't hold a candle to sand harbor. Still, it was a lot of fun and some of my friends joined me making it even more fun!
Plus, there was a big tree on the grass which provided shade for little man the entire day. He was happy as a little clam in his tent on the grass in the shade. He is such an easygoing little guy. I just love him! Plus, Kristin held him for me for a bit while I took a dip... I love Lake Tahoe. Many complain of the chilly water, but I assure you, there is nothing like it in this universe.
the girls enjoyed splashing the ducks and playing in the dirt and rocks.
Also, with her water wings, Xiana has the ability to swim out with me and kick around. She's a pretty good sport about the cold water too.
Yay!!
An additional bonus was the play structure at this beach. However, it didn't seem to be nearly as alluring as the water because the kids spent approximately 15 minutes on it. Still, if you are a local, this would be a great place to go after you get off work which apparently many people have already discovered because right around 4:00 this beach filled up.
Kolton chilled, ate, slept, looked at the beautiful lake, and then started the pattern all over again.
Not only is this sand not as finely grated and soft as Sand Harbor, it is also much much dirtier. But like the kids would ever notice a thing like that. It was a fun filled Lake Tahoe day. The only disappointment was that it was my first time up of the summer. It's a little challenging with a new little pale baby, but next year we will be back to our normal Tahoe adventures. I'm grateful to have made it there before winter... very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment