Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Earthquake

Morre had her baby and after a myriad of complications got to take him home. Xiana had been really excited to hold the baby. She got her wish and then proceeded to be a holy terror the rest of the time we were over, sorry Morre! Calin is a sweet baby and so far, very good. Xiana didn't quite get the concept of the baby being out of her tummy and kept assuring us that there were two babies now, one in Morre's belly and one in her arms.
awwwwww
The next night for family home evening we made a gingerbread house.
It turned out really cute. My mom makes her own gingerbread and then she melts hard candies in the windows to make stained glass. I remember in years past creating exact replicas of our homes and gingerbread houses with electricity. I even remember one year for my birthday, my mom was ambitious enough to let 13 of my friends and myself make our own houses. She was crazy. But, as usual, I digress. So, we made the house and it was really cute and fun.
Can't you tell how much fun it was? jk, Garrett really did have fun.
Here is the front finished product.
And Suzy homemaker here attempting to make icicles.
Then... two days later my good friend Kate and her son came over. Kate and I were talking in the living room roughly 10 feet away from the kids. They were awfully quiet all of two minutes before we heard a crash. I instantly knew what it was. Both kids were scared out of their minds crying hysterically as they pointed (from on top of the table mind you) at the shattered gingerbread house on the floor. Kate and I assured them that it was okay. They both looked like they were trying to quickly figure out who to blame. Of course, the fact that they were on the table with vibrant colors from m&m's running down their faces didn't leave them with much of an alibi. It was pretty funny. So, in the end we determined that there must have been an earthquake; judging from the damage a rather large one :)
Here is my little ham hamming it up before church last week. She got to wear her snow boots to church because Brian specifically selected the black ones which would go with her dresses. Good job babe!
She insisted that I take a picture of her and her bear. By the way, this is not actually her bear at all. I tried to explain to her that it was my bear and I was letting her use it. She didn't believe me and exclaimed that it was hers. To prove my point I read the tag on the bear's ear, "to Lenaya, from Nic." The next day I saw her rip the tag off the bear, hold up the remnants and read aloud, "to Xiana love mommy." It was priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment