Thursday, December 3, 2009

Brio's babies and butterfinger

I got to meet Tiffany's newest little babe, Hudson, right before I moved to Sparks. Boy has he grown. I was so grateful to get the chance to run around my old stomping ground and eat at Brio's (the most delicious meal ever) and hang with the fam. Tiffany wears motherhood like no one I've ever seen before. As a boss, love her, she was particularly, how do I say? OCD?! As a mother, she is calm and happy and peaceful, and wears an air of competence and loving authority that is surprisingly wonderful! It is so fun to see the transition in people as they try on new hats, particularly the hat of parenthood.
We had a casual photo shoot on the patio.... Danny said I looked like a New York mom... Cool!
Steven got me this hat and gloves for my birthday and then managed to sneak away from work/school to surprise me for dinner (this trip sure was filled with surprises). He must have gotten the "grey and black shirt" memo that Danny received because the hat matched perfectly and can be considered my new favorite accessory!
Wendy got baby time! She turned her head for a split second and Hudson managed to wreak havoc on the table. Babies are so fast!!

Despite their significant age difference... Xiana and Hudson are roughly the same size! They were so cute playing together.
No trip to Town Square would be complete without a visit to Yogurtland (Brian and I went also so I got my fix twice!). Danny introduced me to this heaven on earth and I subsequently introduced everyone I know... I believe it is a legacy I left behind! Then we convinced a security guard to take a picture of all of us. It was beautiful at town square. It made me a little sentimental. Actually, all of Vegas did. As soon as Brian and Jenn picked me up from the airport I found my heat strings being pulled in a way that I had not anticipated. Vegas was our home. My life changed there. Xiana's life began there. It was emotional to revisit the places and people we spent so much of our lives and went through such huge transitions with. It was a wonderful, overwhelming trip. Still, I'm happy to report, at the end of it all, I was extremely grateful to be heading back to my home in Sparks, despite the COLD, where I feel confident I belong. And where I am HAPPY to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment