Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas!

Christmas morning Xiana came out to see what Santa had brought her. She discovered candy and toys and books in her stocking. One book was an Elmo counting book. She picked it up and said, "yook mommy a counting book!" It was like she was reading I swear.... the numbers on the cover must have been her tip off.
Last year she didn't really have the hang of opening presents. This year, she has it down to an art. She enjoyed opening all her gifts from Santa and her one gift from mommy. Actually (and I probably shouldn't admit this) her Santa gifts this year came from all her friends. At her birthday party she got such an immense overload of gifts that I re wrapped about 15 of them in Christmas paper and wrote "from Santa." So many thanks to all of you who unknowingly provided my Santa gifts. She was thrilled with all of them.... again!
I'll give you one guess as to who bought her this little camo outfit... I received a matching vest. As far as camouflage goes, they are quite cute with hot pink embellishment.
Bedtime for Francis is a Frey family favorite and I did not have a copy. My sister, Cami, somehow managed to find the one gift Xiana actually needed this year :)
I made my parents a calender with pics from the year. Here they are admiring it. The coolest part is that I got to put little pictures on the days of the month for every child/grandchild/in-law 's birthdays.
Garrett had something of a guitar disaster earlier in the year so he was thrilled to have a replacement.
I am always on the lookout for cute black baby dolls. They are few and far between. My parents found one at Costco and bought it for her. She is a beautiful little baby. My only complaint is that she has straight hair! Oh well, baby steps right?
The one gift I got her is this bike.
Which she can barely pedal, but again, baby steps. She likes to be pushed around on it and at least her feet touch the pedals which is a step in the right direction.
It was a beautiful Christmas this year, like always. There is nothing like having a little one to remind you how joyful and FUN Christmas it!

No comments:

Post a Comment