Friday, July 15, 2011

Sparks Marina

I love this photo. I think I can appreciate the Marina's beauty more when I can't smell the stench. It is gorgeous and the kids have a blast there, but it sure does stink! Apparently you aren't allowed to swim unless there is a life guard on duty and there wasn't one yet this day. It was pure torture to keep the kids out of the water. They so wanted to dive in. Another little girl chastised us a bit for putting feet in, but we ignored her.
Jenn was meeting her sister here for lunch and we had Mark and Tosha's kids as well. It was brave to go with 8 kids. A reoccurring theme of conversation was, "how did their parents have 7?!" Granted when you have 8 kids it is atypical for them to be the same age but still. I don't think I could have that many... it's daunting. They had fun though and I guess at the end of the day, that's all that matters.
The city has conveniently placed showers near the bathrooms which was very beneficial to our muddy-feet-kids. Additionally it was soooo hot that they got to use the water to cool down a bit. I got annoyed with Xiana because she was getting wet in the shower. Now, as I type this, I realize how ridiculous that was. She would dry. I have always encouraged her to be brave and bold and to enjoy her time and the elements. I regret preventing her from doing so. I hope in the future I will be more willing to let her experience all this life has to offer regardless if it's messy or uncomfortable or requires a little extra work on my behalf. (in my defense I was a little overwhelmed by the chaos of a house full of kids and extra charges).

No comments:

Post a Comment