Saturday, July 16, 2011

Mountain Cruise

We went for a little drive in the hills to scout out the forest for dead trees to chop down. We didn't find any, but it was enjoyable to get out in the fresh air. I often don't realize what's happening, but after extended periods indoors, when we head to the mountains I can visibly see and feel myself breathing a sigh of relief. It's like I don't even realize how dependent I am on nature until I'm in it and I discover, for the first time all over again, that I have been holding my breath since the last adventure. It just feels better... closer to God... cleaner...happier.
I hope that our children will feel the same way and that they will always love to go out and see their beautiful surroundings.
And shoot guns... I realize that's pretty contrary to the calm peaceful feeling I get... but somehow it works.
This little man is already his daddy's buddy... but his mama's boy!
So there was a tee pee and Xiana asked what it was. I explained to her that Indians lived in them in the past and she said, "yeah, like E.T. is an Indian!" That funny little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment