Monday, June 6, 2016

Unfilled tag....but beautiful trip!

I had a late season cow elk tag that I was unsuccessful in filling (I have the same tag this year), but the trip was beautiful!! Brian and I went alone for the first night... it was like a date!!! Janet kept our kids for us (who promptly got very sick!!! Poor Janet). Ben and the boys dragged down a camp trailer the second night and then the storm really hit!  It was cold and we didn't see any elk until the last few hours of sunlight. We got stuck a million times, and I thought I would die hiking after the elk. I felt like a fallen soldier telling the boys to "go without me!" And yet, it was MAGICAL! I wouldn't trade a thing. We laughed, and talked, and rode our fun side by side, and I literally marveled at the majestic scenery. We cut the trip short because of our sick kids and the storm. The boys went back another weekend but were unsuccessful again... and yet... I call it nothing short of success!




























No comments:

Post a Comment