Sunday, May 27, 2012

I'm learning and growing

  • Kolton is suddenly a toddler.  He is no longer a baby, and quite frankly I'm astonished.  It seems like just yesterday I was bemoaning the fact that he couldn't walk... then that he couldn't feed himself... and now... well... there isn't much he can't do (except resist the urge to eat dirt).
  • He giggles all the time... a really hearty deep belly giggle that is absolutely contagious.
  • He howls mimicking his dada
  • Says bye and hi while waving profusely.
  • When we ask him any questions he absolutely cannot ignore us.  He has to make a sound in reply... and he has to have the last word.
  • He has entered the hallway months at church
  • He has to say hello to every person at church, a restaraunt, the park, the grocery store.
  • He hurts himself a lot because he dives fearlessly off of EVERYTHING!
  • One night we stayed home from Tball because he is so much work to chase.  I realized that was the first evening I had been alone with him since his birth... crazy!  We played outside on the patio and he was so much fun.  He ran in circles and I realized that sometimes I forget to cherish him.  I forget to see him as much as I should. 
  • When he eats he says, "mmmmmmmmmm."
  • He thinks I'm funny.
  • When you raise an eyebrow at him he gets hysterical.  He thinks it's one of the greatest tricks (his daddy taught us that).
  • With much effort he nods his head yes in addition to shaking it no... no comes much more naturally.  When he nods it yes, it takes his whole body.
  • He loves to dance.  He can't hear music without bumping to the groove.
  • He loves his sisters.
  • He is a tender, happy, crazy, wild, fearless, hilarious BOY.

  • Xiana is also many of those traits.  She also loves to play with her friends.  She's less work in the destructive area, but she makes up for it in others.
  • She is still so exceptional with language and music.  She never ceases to amaze me with the new songs she learns on a continual basis. 
  • She told me the other day, "perhaps I'll have to ask you to put my shoe on because I can't."
  • She asked if I was a young woman and I explained that was my calling at church.  She said, "you know what I want my calling to be?  I wanna teach my class."  I daresay she'll get her wish some day.
  • At church today she bore her testimony saying, "I know that Heavenly Father is my Savior and I know Jesus loves me."  She still runs to the pulpit before anybody else and always surprises me with what comes out of her mouth.
  • She knows 5 articles of faith now.
  • She's getting to be a much better hiker.
  • She's getting to an age where she's suddenly learning a lot of important lessons about friendship. 
  • She makes friends everywhere she goes.
  • She's a talented, funny, social, outgoing, bubbly, smart GIRL.



Finally, we have a streaker who wants to be outside at all costs.... he will not let ANYTHING thwart him from the great escape.  If Brian even thinks about going outside without him... he will have a complete meltdown.  Who needs a silly thing like a diaper anyway?  The outdoors is a toilet!

1 comment:

  1. Cute Cute Cute! I love seeing busy little Colton - he is hilarious! And Xiana's testimony is precious, I am so glad she shares! You are a good mom!

    ReplyDelete