Saturday, May 12, 2012

Easter

We'll see if this works. I don't know what blogger has against my Easter pictures, but I have uploaded them about 10 times now. They finally worked so I wrote my Easter post... posted it... then weeks later discovered that it was nothing more than a blank page. I'm not sure what's going on. It is the same camera, computer, program as every other post. Weird. At any rate, this year for Easter we sent an email to the bunny asking if he could please come hide eggs during church as we meet at 9:00 am. He kindly obliged. He did, however, leave baskets for the kids to find pre-church.


He decorated all the little trails with Easter eggs and sufficiently spoiled these children rotten!


Much like Xiana last year, Kolton found one egg and was sufficiently pleased with it so as not to go looking for others.  He was content to attempt to open the treasure inside.

My niece and nephew were also great sports about waiting until 12:30 to go on the hunt (they didn't go to church at 9 am)




Sometimes I get a bit afraid that the memories we are instilling in our children center around the material items rather than the spiritual.  Xiana was very encouraging in that all day long she told us that we celebrated Easter because that's the day Jesus was resurrected. 

All in all Easter was a great success.  We spent the afternoon in a sugar coma and then ate our fill at my parent's house for dinner.  Delicious!  (I'm sure my original post was much more involved, but I can't remember it so... oh well!)

No comments:

Post a Comment