Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Oh Tahoe... my constant friend...


It doesn't matter what is going on in my life, how I feel, how busy/bored I am; when it comes time for Tahoe... life. is. grand.  I simply love it here.  I have a tradition with Xiana where, every time we go to a lake, but particularly to Tahoe, I put her in her little raft and push her out to the buoys.  Once there, I say, "okay, it's time."  Then we stop, put our faces to the sky, and slowly turn around to appreciate the diverse beauty surrounding us.  And every time I whisper, "this is my most favorite place on earth.  God must love us a lot that he would create such a beautiful, different, earth for us." Then we talk about what it looks like in every direction.  When you look at your surroundings from the middle of a lake, it changes everything.  To me, the trees become more richly green, the snow capped mountains more shimmery and resplendent, the deep blue water more translucent, and clear, the sun baked sands more like pixie dust, and everything else just disappears.  All you can hear is the water's soothing lull and the birds' dignified cries.  It's glorious out there where your feet can't touch the ground, but you are buoyed up by the crisp, gorgeous waters.  Everything makes sense.  Everything is perfect.  I pray my children will always recognize and appreciate that beauty... and the beauty everywhere.  When I pushed Kolton out, the water lulled him to sleep, and he napped in his raft for 30 minutes or so.  He is such a peaceful little bugger when he sleeps.  The pictures are of two separate trips to Tahoe, both filled with sand castles and picnics, cold water and hot sun, good friends and fun conversations.... and perfection.











No comments:

Post a Comment