Thursday, July 26, 2012

Fourth of July

Brian opted to work this Fourth, so I took the kids to mom and dad's for some amazing ribs and ridiculous dessert.  Then we went downtown for the festivities. My girl is ever so brave when it comes to carnival rides, although this year there wasn't much selection.  Fortunately, I discovered that my boy is also pretty fearless.  He loved the swings and wanted to ride them again and again. Because they were the only ride he could go on, I complied.  Xiana, on the other hand, managed to squeeze in a few other rides.  Still, in years past they've had a lot more rides to choose from.  Good thing the littles had a blast, not noticing the lack. 




Xiana is so funny with her hands in the air. Her little friend got a little scared so they stopped the ride.  As a result, Xiana got to go again!  Fun for her!


Our friend Tyler did the strong man contest, rang the bell, and made it look like the easiest thing on earth... not so much.  I could scarcely swing the hammer and, after I managed, the ball went approximately two feet up the 15 foot pole.  It was quite hysterical!

We met up with tons of friends and family, and as soon as Brian got off work, he headed over to meet us.  We played, the kids ran around like hooligans, and waited for the fireworks.  And waited.  And waited.  And waited some more.  Apparently it was quite windy and, because of fires all over the country, they were being cautious.  Finally, just as we were deciding whether to follow the crowds and leave too, the fireworks started.  It was a fabulous show, well worth waiting for.  Unfortunately, Kolton slept in my arms through the whole thing.  I guess that's what happens when they don't start until 11.  I think he would have loved them, but the poor boy was sleepy.  The rest of us enjoyed the flames immensely.  The grand finale was spectacular, and I was so grateful we waited.



Nikki made these little headbands with paper, crayons, and tape.  Each one is unique, and she made one for every kid.  They were so cute!



Woohooo!!!  Happy Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment