Monday, July 16, 2012

Splash park

We went to the splash park for playgroup this week.  Kolton is a million times more reserved about fountains than Xiana was at his age.  She always ran right into the water... he watches from the sidelines and scavenges food from blanket to blanket.  However, I've noticed more and more Xiana barely dips her toes in the water before running to the side to dry off.  She says it's too cold, but it makes me kind of sad.  I encouraged her to run through the sprinklers but to no avail.  Finally, I went out with her which persuaded her to run through.  That made me sad too because I realize I'm not nearly as good about jumping in with Kolton the way I always did with Xiana.  I took him around the splash park and let him run through with me for a change. He liked it better that way... and so did his mommy.  As for Xiana?  She finally spent some time getting wet... right when it was time to go home!  Still, it was a fun day in the water.  I'm sure we will be spending more time there soon.  It is, after all, across the street!



No comments:

Post a Comment