Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Whiskeytown Lake

The second day of our stay in Redding was spent at a lovely little beach at Whiskey town Lake.  Now, don't get me wrong, Shasta is an impressive, wonderful, majestic lake... but we don't have a boat.  So Whiskey town was a great replacement.  This little diamond in the rough was introduced to me by Larissa when she lived in town.  It's accessible, swimable, and oh-so-fun.  When we first arrived we were emptying out the trunk.  I first loaded everyone's arms and then followed suit layering my own limbs with bags and coolers.  I locked the door smartly thinking it would be challenging once I had the whole sha-bang.  We proceeded down to the beach where I realized I forgot the little raft I brought for Kolton.  Brian asked for the keys....my heart dropped.  You see, we only have one key as a replacement is $200 (which is completely and utterly absurd if you ask me, but that's a whole other story).  Visions of our vacation money draining to the local locksmith who would have to drive an hour to get to us out of towners danced in my head....I pleaded with God, praying in my heart that we would find them.  Resigned the credit card charge and a day of waiting for the locksmith to arrive, I had one last thought to look in the ice. Surprise!!! Our key.  It was an answer to prayers.  Thank heavens!  We spent much of the day enjoying the water, swimming around, and trying out Eko's new flippers while Brian attempted to stay in the shade.  Kolton got brave when dad was around and successfully dunked himself enough times that he no longer wanted to play on the banks of the water.  We ate lunch, swam a little more, floated the little ones in the raft, and then made our way back to the hotel.  It was a very fun day.... and we kept cool despite blistering weather.







No comments:

Post a Comment