Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Eureka... day 1 (otherwise known as picture overload)

In my mind, this is what heaven looks like.  There are few things more inspiring, more thrilling, and more heavenly than the white waves crashing on the sandy beaches with a sea of blue behind and above them.  Every time I catch a glimpse of the ocean my heart stops, and I instantly feel closer to God.  The ocean simultaneously reminds me how tiny I am, and how important I am.  I love the feeling of the hot sand, smooth like melted butter sliding between my toes.  I love the taste of the salty air and the soothing sound of the crashing sea.  I love the chilling water and the sand disappearing under my feet as the wave rolls back out to meet the waiting body of water.  But mostly I love watching my girl... love all of these things for the first time in her memory.  I would be lying if I said that tears didn't sting my eyes, mixing with the salty breeze as I watched my girl race the waves, splash in the water, and throw her head back with reckless abandon as she experienced the ocean.  I. cried.  It. was. so. beautiful. 
This was an experience so perfect that words fail me.  I loved watching Ekco scour the beaches searching for the perfect shell, hoping against all hopes to catch a glimpse or an evidence of her precious mermaids.  I loved watching Kolton sift sand through his fingers, chase seagulls, and squeal with delight at the residue left by the sea foam.  I loved watching a proud papa introduce the beach to his son much the way a gushing mama did a few yards away.  I loved watching the kids play in the mud, make angels in the sand, jump off the dunes, and marvel at their surroundings.  I. marveled. too.

There are a ton of pictures in this post... each one is perfect... each one is majestic... each one sums up our first day at the beach... heaven!




































No comments:

Post a Comment