Friday, July 27, 2012

Family trip to Washoe Lake


Sometimes it feels like we rarely do anything just us... we always go with extended family... which is a great blessing!  But every now and then, it's awfully nice to walk along a beach with just our little family.  We took an evening drive up to Washoe Lake.  We got Port of Subs along the way, and then ventured out in the wind to walk along the muddy shores.  It was really beautiful!  Xiana found about a million little tiny snail shells that she lovingly referred to as seashells, Kolton got to breath the fresh air, and I got to hold my handsome husband's hand reminding me how awesome he is, and how wonderful it is to be connected.  It was just what the doctor ordered.  I wish that I could always remember to be grateful for my little niche in this world; that I could always feel like I'm connected in a meaningful and important way.  But sometimes I forget.  It's nice to have refreshers every once in a while.  This was a beautiful short little family uniting outing... I'll have to remember to do this more often!




No comments:

Post a Comment