Monday, July 23, 2012

Miller Pit

It had been a while since we hit up Miller pit (an mining pit... very deep... very fun) so we decided to take the whole kit and caboodle down yonder.  I had to take a picture of my studly husband rocking his new boots... and swimsuit... what a hunk :)

The last time we went nobody hesitated to jump off the cliff. In fact, it wasn't even intimidating.  This time was a different story.  I'm not sure if it's age, or being overweight, or what, but I really was nervous.  It took me a long time to finally make the decision to jump, and Brian never did go (although he had to get the kids to the other side since I swam across which is a convenient albeit truthful defense).  It's hard to believe how our little family is growing.  The last time we went we were short one little guy and the girls were much smaller.  (truth be told so were we :)


Ali's new beau, Mark, was our fearless leader jumping while we all stood stale mate on the sidelines. 
Initially he did much in the way of persuading us to jump... this belly flop, however, had the opposite effect.

Finally... I went for it.  I should have jumped out a little farther as I barely hit the clearing.  Still, the water was refreshing, and the swim was excellent.
Once on the other side the kids played and splashed and then...






They got brave too!  Most of the kids (our baby chicks excluded) did their own cliff jumping.  I was really surprised that Xiana wouldn't do it.  She used to be more fearless, but she wouldn't budge.  She did not want to jump off the little cliff.  So, we loaned her water wings to the others and they went for it.  Harlee (3 1/2) didn't hesitate before jumping again and again.  It was darling.  Kylee began the trend.


All in all, we had a wonderful day at Miller pit.  I hope our children will always have fond memories of this place the way that I do.  Winter or summer we have never had a bad time up here!

No comments:

Post a Comment