Sunday, June 10, 2012

Let's go fly a kite!

for play group we made kites.  It was a fun craft.  The kids then went outside in the windy afternoon and flew them for quite some time... okay fine, they ran while the kites dragged behind them, the kids yelling, "they're flying!!" or, "they're not flying!!"  Depends on your perspective.  Xiana was of the "they're flying" group so that was cool.

I've been promising Xiana for months now that we would make sand cupcakes and bake them so they harden.  They were fun and worked out nicely.  The only problem is she still can't play with them because Kolton can gnaw the sand of bit by bit.  We keep them up except when he naps.  I look forward to being past the I-put-everything-I-see-in-my-mouth stage... although truth be told I love everything else about his stage. 

Then we brought dollar store kite to the park which were equally unsuccessful!   A true windy day kite flying dream.  Each kid has one piece of kite tied to a string.  They thought it was marvelous! 

No comments:

Post a Comment