Friday, June 22, 2012

Big girl

  • Well, it cannot be denied that my girl is growing.  She and her friends are playing wii fit here during pre-school.... on a side note, she gets to start at another pre-school in July.  There is a program for children with delayed speech or behavioral delays where they need so called "typicals" to set speech and behavioral examples for the others.  Both Xiana and one of her best friends Tad got selected and so get to begin going to school a year early.  I'm greatly relieved that she got selected, primarily because I don't have to feel guilty that I spend zero time working iwht numbers, letters, and such with her.  Still, I must be doing something right because, after the screening, when the teacher called to tell me Xiana had been chosen she told me, "she is perfect."  Her only concern was that Xiana would be bored.  I explained to her that Xiana is not a bored type of a person.  She went on to explain that they really need kids that can help the other kids.  She said that in introductions Xiana went beyond the first name only base the other kids followed and said, "hi, my name is Xiana Lee Andersen."  She also told me that when the kids were asked to write their names, one little girl said, "I don't know how to write my name."  Xiana told her to, "just look at your name tag and copy the letters off of it." She knew most of her letters and when asked to count as high as she could she counted to 49 (though I know she can count higher:) I'm so proud of her and happy for her.  I know she's going to LOVE going to real school every day.  She's beside herself and instantly began telling people, "I got to pre-K at Jesse Hall."  Funny little girl.
  • One day I was scolding Kolton for being a little disobedient turkey and Xiana said, "We will have to send him to hell."  I laughed, but then explained that was a bad word.  "Really?  Because I learned-ed it from a church movie!"
  • While watching So You Think You Can Dance she informed me, "that lady looks like she's had lots of plastic surgery."

  • She tried her hand at giving her daddy a hair cut and did a pretty decent job.

  • Her Tball season ended and she went out with a bang hitting multiple pitches and finally RUNNING instead of pageant walking on the bases.  It was a great learning experience for her... I'm not sure we'll repeat it, but I guess only time will tell.  She sure was cute.  Next up?  Dance!


No comments:

Post a Comment