Thursday, October 8, 2009

She'll be coming round the mountain when she comes...

Or something like that.... So Brian is a hunter (have I mentioned that? jk) and apparently, when the season turns to fall, hunters go out of town a lot. Who knew? Actually, I find it quite amusing that I lived in Spanish Fork where everyone hunts and I guess I have been around people who hunt my whole life, but I have never found relevance to my life in their sports and so, have never paid much attention. One of my friends posted on her fb that she would delete any friends who posted pics of dead animals and all I could think was, 'how does she know this is the time of year when there will be hunting?' Call it blond or just obliviousness, but I never realized that when the weather starts to cool down, the hunters pack out of town. So...to make a long story short, or a long story even longer, or whatever, Brian was out of town for almost 2 weeks. And don't get all, "2 weeks is nothing" on me now because I've heard it all and I'm sticking to my guns (no pun intended). Two weeks is a long time! So Xiana and I packed ourselves up and headed out to Battle Mountain for the weekend where Brian would be making a pit stop. Fortunately, his sister-in-law was also having a baby shower this particular weekend, and I really wanted to go to it so it was a double win situation. The shower was adorable with a lady bug theme. Here we are with the mommy-to-be-times-three and the quilt I made for her shower (psych!!! the quilt my mom made since I am not so domestic).
Many of Brian's siblings were in town as well because I think I mentioned that when the leaves turn, the hunters head to the hills. This is his newest niece and she is such a cheerful baby! She was so good and clearly loves her uncle Brian. Xiana took a liking to her too... so much so that she took her cold home with us :)
This is me smoking everybody in the bottle drinking contest. I used to win chugging contests... I now am the master koolaid out of a baby bottle chugger.
I think I might have mentioned this a time or two, but I really need to get Xiana a trampoline. She loves them!
I did Ekco's and Xiana's hair the same before we left and they were oh-so-adorable!
I'm not sure, but I think XIana has taken a liking to Brian's mom. She kept giving me a kiss and then laying her head on Debbie's shoulder....
Just us... cheesing it up as usual.
It was conference weekend, but Brian's parents don't get it on TV so we actually went an watch it. The girls were amazing! They did so great. I think it helped a lot to have someone to play with for Xiana. The grown ups, on the other hand, were not so quiet :)
This was a very quick trip and I had good intentions of getting out of town prior to 4 but.... then we went to feed the ducks and it was too much fun to leave.
Don't let their feathers and timid expressions fool you. These ducks were the most aggressive little beasts I have ever laid eyes on. Xiana squealed with delight as the geese chased the girls for their popcorn.
Xiana and Ecko played all weekend long and seemed to enjoy each other so much. For the past few days Xiana asks Brian roughly 20 times a day, "I see Etto Brian" so that he will show her pictures on his phone. I love this picture!

She found a stick...what fun!
He looks calm, but I think Brian was secretly afraid of the ferocious ducks as well. :)

1 comment:

  1. Two weeks is a long time! How fun! Can't wait to see you next month!

    ReplyDelete