Saturday, October 31, 2009

Pumpkin Patch

I've never been to the pumpkin patch before so when a friend of mine invited me I enthusiastically agreed. We were going to meet there, but then it got cold. really cold. snowing cold. And she has a baby who had just been sick so she decided to be prudent and cancel. However, I was gung ho (plus I had already promised Xiana repeatedly) so I went. And it was closed. So I called my other friend and woke her up and made her look on her computer to direct me to another pumpkin patch. Which we found after about 30 minutes of driving (okay napping for Xiana so it was fine, but still). Then we braved the snow flurries and bought some tickets (none of which we used because apparently it was too cold for the helping hands and nobody was collecting tickets for anything, but I digress). It was really quite fun. There was a petting zoo. Xiana was excited to see the ducks and cows (and actually told me later in the week "two cows eat pumpkin" which was absolutely true) but she was intimidated by actually petting in the petting zoo. Instead she wanted to look from the safe distance of my arms while I pet the animals. Although I can't say I completely blame her because the goat was getting awfully fresh for just meeting us. I tried to explain to her that he was just kissing when he licked, but as I was speaking he was attempting to eat my belt. So... I held her and exclaimed over how neat all the animals were (especially the little pig, but he was gross dirty so I'm glad she didn't want to touch him).
She got to ride the train which was pretty cool according to my 2-year-old. There were also a ton of bounce houses that we spent the majority of our time on.
And I made her pose in the corn maze that wasn't entirely complicated. In fact, it more or less resembled a square with corn. It's a good thing they weren't collecting tickets because I would have been sorely disappointed if I had paid 5 tickets for that poor excuse for a maze. Still, they didn't so I wasn't disappointed in the least.
Here she is picking up pumpkins. I told her they were too heavy to carry around and we would get back to them. This will become more comical in just a moment.
Yeah, they're pretty much as big as she is...great photo op though.
She got to ride a pony for about 2.5 seconds before she said, "I off pony." Again, what relief that it didn't cost me the 3 bucks it was advertised as.
After we left we met up with Kacie for lunch and u-swirl (which is kind of a yogurtland knock off that isn't quite as good, but it will suffice for lack of the true yogurtland) which just so happened to be right across the street from this pumpkin patch that was in Egypt. So it was perfect. We got in the car and drove to Q Doba and Xiana said, "hey... my pumpkin." At which time I realized that I had taken her all the way across town to the pumpkin patch and had left pumpkin-less. Silly me. So, we ate frozen yogurt and then my friend who I was originally supposed to go with called to let me know that she was now coming to this pumpkin patch so... we went back. And her husband pulled the kids around in a pumpkin cart which they thought was pretty exciting.
And we gave her our 10 unused tickets (which I forgot to ask if she used), and we got a pumpkin and went home utterly satisfied with ourselves for our first and very successful trip to the pumpkin patch. What fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment