Tuesday, October 13, 2009

BBQ-ing into fall

My good friend Kate hosted a BBQ last month encouraging the start of a new trend. So this month, I hosted one (at my parents house) see how nice that is.... to host a BBQ at somebody else's house? Although Xiana has recently started calling Grandma and Grandpa's house "mine's house" and "my mommy house." So, perhaps we really do call it home.... but I digress. Back to the BBQ. We had one and it was a blast. Here is Xiana with her party dress on. Isn't she cute?
While there were only 11 kids at this event, I have it on good authority that the cat would claim it to have been more like 111.
While brownies with marshmellows and frosting are oh-so-delicious, they are not the best idea when having a house full of guests on tile floors. They were tasty, but there was chocolate smeared from the kitchen to the garage.
Success!
This was really fun! I love that I have been able to get to know some of the young families in (and out) of my ward. They are my friends and I enjoy their company so much. Also, it's nice to be around others who are in the same stage of life with little ones and who have the same morals as I do. I must say, it's interesting to be back in Sparks with an entirely different social setting...refreshing even!

No comments:

Post a Comment