Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The nice thing is... when you wake up... it will still be your birthday.

We had Xiana's birthday party the day before her actual birthday. That night, before she went to bed, my mom said, "the nice thing about today, Xiana, is that when you wake up it will still be your birthday." Xiana emphatically replied, "yeah." We better be careful here; she might start thinking that it's her birthday every day. My parents and I saved our gifts for Sunday. I got her a Disney Princess kitchen and my parents got her a VERY wide assortment of plastic food. She would have been in heaven regardless, but having her cousins here to help her play house was so much better. They played and played and played.
I must have been served 46 courses throughout the day.
Xiana really seemed like a big girl. For the first time she was able to truly run and play with her older cousins. They played hide and seek, and legos, and all sorts of imaginative games. She is a star!
She got a do-over in the candle department and very easily blew out both of her birthday candles.


Here they are hiding....not very sneaky I know!
This is one of Xiana's birthday gifts...her very own chair. Well, almost her very own. She might have to contend with the cat from time to time.
She and Nicole spent a lot of time on grandpa's lap with books. I love our life and am so happy to have family. I know there are a lot of people in this world far less fortunate than me and Xiana. I am truly thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment