Thursday, September 3, 2015

Sunday

For Father's Day, we had a lovely dinner.  Mom brought over home made strawberry rhubarb (from our garden) pie. It might be my new favorite.  The daddy of the house requested scallops so that's what we ate. He wore his fancy tie that Xiana made him years ago.  It was a lovely Sunday.  We went to the cemetery the day before, and mom took flowers there the morning of father's day.  I'm so grateful that mom lives close. Having a husband to serve on this special day helps soften the blow of missing my dad so much. If she didn't have someone to make a pie for, I think it'd be tougher than it is.  These knuckleheads made darling cards for daddy, we bought him a new hammock, and even Argenta made him a little frame with her hand print on it. All in all, I'd say it was a successful celebration.






No comments:

Post a Comment