Saturday, September 5, 2015

Tahoe take 2

Kolton was my buoy-buddy this year. He went out to them with me about ten times as often as Xiana. She was distracted by her friends, huddling in whispered circles, laying on the hot sand.  I already feel my influence lessening. I already see my grip loosening.  So now, Kolton stays with me, and checks in more regularly, and can be persuaded to go out to the sand bar, even if his friends aren't. It won't be long before Argenta is the one willing to play with her mama. Hopefully, when the pull of her friends is too great to withstand, Xiana will be back at my side, willingly going on our adventures to the middle of the lake. If not... well, then I guess my trips to Tahoe will belong to me alone.... but I don't foresee that in my future. I've worked hard to implant significant love for this sacred place in my children. I've held them on my shoulder for countless naps while the waves splashed their toes. I've lulled them all to sleep in rafts, filled their bellies while adjusting to the frigid water, and made countless sandcastles for the crawdads they caught.  And the investment has been half the fun.  




















No comments:

Post a Comment