Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Wild Waters

Every time we drive past Wild Waters, winter or summer, my kids beg, "mom, some day can we go there?" And I always promise that when summertime arrives, we will go at least one time.  This year  I was really tempted to buy season passes, but the summer is short with modified traditional school track, and my happy place is Tahoe. In order to justify the $300 plus for 8 weeks of summer, I'd have to go every day. In the end, Tahoe won.  But this year, my friend Tressa HOOKED us up!! She bought guest passes, so instead of $30 per person, I paid $10.  We started the day with Argenta with us. Xiana and her friend went off to ride the slides by themselves (wow, it's hard to even believe that she's there yet) while Kolton, Argenta and I stayed in the kiddie pools.  Kolton had a blast going up and down the little slides, and Argenta thought the slides (accompanied by mommy) were pretty awesome.  Then, at 3:00, Brian picked up Argenta and the real fun began. Kolton was die-hard crazy! My dad would have been so proud of him as a fellow water-park-enthusiast. Though he is 42 inches, every time we got to the top of the slide, it would appear as though he was not tall enough... they seriously need to fix their signs! So, I had to argue with every new lifeguard for the next four hours, but it was totally worth it. Xiana joined us for most of the water slides, but nobody beat Kolton in times going up and down the slides. The one with the mats that you slide on your stomach (my dad's absolute favorite), Kolton rode 15 times!!! It was so much fun. We had a wonderful time and were gratified and surprised when Jen and her kids were in town and JOINED us!!! That made it all the more wonderful.  We literally closed the park and could tell the lifeguards were more than a little annoyed with us for the last fifteen minutes when we got in at least that many final slides.  It was epic and wonderful and confirmed to me that I'm doing my job cultivating like-minded-thrill-seekers in my children. I'm polishing them to be my future roller-coaster companions!













No comments:

Post a Comment