Friday, November 30, 2012

Premature farewell!

I said adieu to Lake Tahoe a bit premature this year.  As it turns out, November 5th is a perfectly appropriate date to go for a swim.  Who knew?  My friend discovered this magical little park with a perfect beach that apparently is open to the public during the off season... during the real season it's private.  It is literally not a second longer than 60 minutes from Wingfield Springs to sandy beaches.  I came unprepared as I didn't think for a second my children would brave the frigid waters so I had no swimsuits.  I did, however, have changes of clothes for all so I let them get hypothermia to their sweet hearts' content.  I have to admit, I was awfully proud as I watched them forget about the icy water and enjoy one of my favorite places on earth.  It was an absolutely perfect afternoon picnicking, splashing, and playing in the sand.  The play structure was fun too.  I almost thought I needed to bust out the sunscreen, but it turned out we were all right.  November 5th... it snowed the next day:)
































No comments:

Post a Comment