Sunday, November 11, 2012

Applesauce

Our apple tree was COVERED this year due to the warm warm year.  As a result... I had to do MORE CANNING!  I wasn't super thrilled at the prospect, but my good friend Natalie saved my life in offering two devices: her juicer and her strainer.  It made applesauce with such ease it was mind blowing!  Seriously... I made so many batches in just a few hours with minimal mess.  Xiana was my strainer.  She took her job seriously and loved cranking the wheel.  I left it set up while we ate and... as you can see, Kolton's 3 bowls weren't enough.  He was apparently part of the clean up crew.


He ate himself into a slumber:)  It was really wonderful.  The applesauce is divine, and it was an easy process.  Next year I won't begrudge that tree one bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment