Sunday, November 11, 2012

Apple Hill

We were thinking of skipping apple hill this year due to the large amount of apples in our own backyard, but Brian's parents decided to join us so we went.  I'm glad we did too.  When push comes to shove, it just doesn't feel like fall without our annual trip to Apple Hill.  When we weren't planning on going, I mentioned to Xiana that we might not make it this year.  She bellowed, "nooooo, we have to goooo!" I asked what she would miss if we didn't.  "The honey sticks!!!!!!!"  I laughingly explained to her that there were honey sticks at the pumpkin patch.  "oh." Problem solved.  It's hysterical to me that of all the deliciously ridiculous sweets and concoctions at apple hill, that was what she most wanted.  So, needless to say, we came home with about 10 honey sticks.  We had fritters and caramel apples and lots and lots of..... pears.  I know.  I don't know what's wrong with us.  That makes two years now at apple hill returning with pears, Brussels sprouts, and cider.  What kind of patrons are we anyway? Regardless, we had a wonderful time and took some darling pictures.  Fun was had by all, and we made it home in time to go to our ward's trunk or treat. 











 

No comments:

Post a Comment