Tuesday, October 26, 2010

First day of school

To say Xiana has been eager to start preschool is pretty much the understatement of the century. Our life basically goes like this: X- mom? me- what? X- when am I gonna start my school? me- soon... next Friday X- okay. ( A few minutes later) X- but mom I really think I should start my school now. Am I gonna go on a school bus? When do I start again? But is that now? etc etc etc. This has been our life for some time now. She is OBSESSED and finally, after much organizing, meeting, and getting things together, her co-op school has begun. When I asked her what she thought she was going to learn she informed me that she was pretty sure she would learn her letters and her numbers and writing her name. I asked her if she would learn the alphabet. She scoffed at me and assured me she already knew that!
She was so happy... and so cute! I am really happy that we have been able to work this out. I think we have a WONDERFUL group of kids and moms in our group. We are all low stress, energetic, involved, and our kids get along wonderfully.
Alicia has the first month and Xiana thinks it's pretty special that she gets lots of different teachers. Now the ongoing question is: when is it gonna be at our house?
And already she's mastered the art of line making.
When we got home Xiana tried out her new-found skills of riding a bike. (I can't remember if I mentioned that she could finally ride her bike, but she can. She acts like she's been doing it all year!)
She has also discovered that while I'm painting, scraping or primering, she can easily entertain herself just like a little monkey should... by swinging on the bars of scaffolding and climbing.
She assures me continuously that she is being careful.

And that she won't fall. After all, she's a big school going girl these days, didn't you hear?

No comments:

Post a Comment