Friday, October 29, 2010

Apple Hill

This year for apple hill, my brother and his family met us up there. I was a little sad to go without Brian as it was such fun last year, but we went any way and it was great to see the fam. Xiana loves her cousin Eva and she mothers Xiana like nobody else. They had a great time playing and eating.
and eating...
We also got our pumpkin there this year. I know I know, pretty silly to go to the pumpkin patch and leave without a pumpkin and then go to apple hill and get one, but you know...
This was a beautiful little pumpkin patch at one of my favorite orchards, Boa Vista.
A balancing act.
We REALLY tried to get all the kids to hold a pumpkin and look at the camera... alas, it was impossible.
We went for a train ride around a little pond and the conductor was so kind as to let us pay only 12 instead of 22 simply because he wanted our ones.
We went to a farming museum where Xiana tried to wrap her mind around the concept of no electricity. We explained the job of the miller and then the use of oil lamps. She might of understood a little, but she did ask why they didn't just turn on the light.
They went on a corn maze that was loud.
And ate lots of apple donuts.
And caramel apples. We even brought some home to daddy and Ekco and then I made caramel for the left over apples... my mom's recipe and it was delicious!
Brian's favorite thing last year was the fresh brussel sprouts so I brought some home for him. He promptly turned them into a microphone...
A bouquet...
And the statue of liberty. It was a great day (though I must admit I forgot how long it took....)

1 comment:

  1. I love Apple Hill! I am so excited to go there over Thanksgiving. And their fudge is amazing! Those brussel sprouts are an interesting i have never seen them like that.

    ReplyDelete