Thursday, September 16, 2010

Rib Cook Off!

Remember last summer when we went to the rib cook off... and I put Xiana in this cute dress? Well... at least it's gotten a little bit shorter in the year since she's worn it.
Aww rib cook off. One of the most wonderful events in downtown Sparks. A day where thousands of people flock with one common goal... to gorge! It's really something. This year, Xiana and I went with my friends Kacie and Nikki...I know, pretty lame that I have pictures of neither... and ate: corn on the cob with garlic, onion rings, funnel cakes, snow cones, and the headliner, ribs... oh yeah, and we polished that off with chocolate covered bananas, strawberries, and pineapple. Sounds gluttonous right? Well, this is the one time of year where gluttony is encouraged.
Xiana loves ride of all sorts. She looked like she was going to fall out of this one so I protectively put my arm in front of her. After a few twirls she assured me, "mom, I think you can move your arm now."
This was her favorite last year. She loved it again. She said, "mommy, now we are birds flying in the air."
The guy running the ride must have thought she was cute because he let our arm be on the upside the whole time...
and let us go for another ride free of charge and without having to get out. How's that for charming them with the good looks? Xiana is starting young!
For her last ride she opted for the bounce house. Though she was perfectly safe climbing alone, the attendant insisted that I go with her so... I also got to slide 3 times!
She packed more food in her belly than I've witnessed in a long time. I guess she got the memo about the celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment