Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tahoe take one

For one of our many playgroups we went to Lake Tahoe and it just so happened that Nic and Karla were in town with hopes of doing just the same. I know I've expressed my undying love for Tahoe a billion times on my blog. Still, I'm not sure I said how much I love Lake Tahoe. It is majestic, magical, and frees your spirit.... I am not exaggerating. This particular week Xiana had been getting stuck when saying her prayers. I think she is mainly just being sassy and defiant, but I swam her out to the bouies and from the middle of the lake told her to look around and tell me what she saw. She excitedly named off all the beautiful things surrounding her: water, mountains, trees, rocks, snow, sand, etc. Then I explained to her that Heavenly Father created all of those amazing things so next time she gets stuck, remember to thank Him for this beautiful earth. It worked too... for about a night.
Eva plays so nicely with Xiana. They run around together and pretend they are the only people on earth. Eva is so patient with Xiana and great about including her in everything. She treats her just like she wants to be treated: like a big girl.
The water is cold, but that's the novelty of this lake. It is so clear and crisp... it awakens all senses.
The girls loved this little sand toy and huddled around it for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment