Friday, July 2, 2010

Fun with cousins... and friends

I did warn you about the fountains. I am, it turns out, true to my word. Ella and Xiana caught in action running from...towards the fountains.
Brian bought Xiana these sunglasses because every two-year-old needs to be up on fashion. She was very excited about them. I will admit, though I'm not a big fan of the gigantic glasses trend, they do look darling.
Waiting for Joyce and Kate to arrive at Joyce's house...
The Vances invited us to come swim at the Peppermill pool which made it twice in two months for us. It was great despite being windy. Xiana discovered that she really loves the "hot pool." But she also discovered that she can "yook at me guys... I'm swimming," all by herself (with only a little help from her mommy. A Sweet row of girls with personality for days.
Hopscotch just got a little bit better... drum roll please... WATER! Yes indeed, Kacie managed to find a water filled hopscotch and "she buy that for me!" It's really cute but for such a tiny little thing it sure does wreak havoc on the grass. Perhaps next time we will set it up on the cement. I had Ella and Rowan for a few days and it was wonderful. I don't know what it is about having more kids around that makes it feel like significantly less, but they do. When it's just Xiana and I she needs constant and exciting entertainment. When her cousins are over, I can get stuff done while they play. So, I put the sprinkler on the trampoline and watered the garden. The entire time I could hear their laughter and see that they were perfectly safe. I kept thinking, 'this is the life. This is the way I always envisioned motherhood. One eye on the kids with the other on the chores. A heart made light with laughter and a husband coming home any minute.' Such was this day. Don't ask me about others because I'll have to laugh at my picture perfect little vision, but for this moment, on this day, it was everything I never could have imagined.
I thought Xiana would fit into her 24 month swimsuits this year, but I was wrong. Thank goodness for the heads up from Kate I managed to snag a few more 18 monthers from Old Navy... wait till you see them. She's so cute in them I can hardly stand it! When the tramp gets wet even the smallest bouncer (ie Xiana) makes a thunderous sound like deep loud drums. Now, and even when it's not wet, Xiana says, "and when you jump it goes (extra low voice) boom boom boom."
What safer place than a wet trampoline to enjoy popsicles? These cousins love each other so much and they play so wonderfully together. It's marvelous.

No comments:

Post a Comment