Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A day in the life...

We woke at 3:30 in the morning in order to drive 3 hours to a little lake that is known to have good fishing. Its reputation preceded it accurately as within 60 seconds of Brian's line hitting the water, he got a bite. Between him and Mark, they caught over 20 fish! Rowan also got to reel one in and for me, the water was great for swimming. That's all I need to be happy.
When we first arrived it was frrrrrreeeeeezzzzingg! In fact, I was pretty sure that we would stay in sweat shirts all day long. Alas... the sun did come out and warm us to the bone.
This is no joke folks.... no joke.
But this way makes a little more sense :)
And as long as there's mud to play in... the kids are happy as clams as well.... though I don't know if Xiana's clothes will recover.
It's ridiculously adorable how children will just sit in the mud, bury themselves, and have a fabulous time.
The boys caught fish all day while Tosh and I sat on jelly chairs, got sun, and chatted it up. It was blissfully relaxing. My only regret is that we didn't drive up the night before and camp, but we had never been there before so next time...
LUNCH!
More dirt. We had shovels galore and yet, the item the kids fought over all day long? The plastic milk bottles from breakfast.
Tosh said to do something fun in this pic...apparently this is our version of fun :)
Brian took Xiana out on the kayak and we are now in the market for a kayak... if anybody knows of a sweet deal....
Xiana loves all things water.... and lately all things boats.
But boy was she worn out by the end of the day...

1 comment:

  1. So I started a blog entry last week that I haven't finished yet, and I laughed when I saw this post because my entry was titled...drum roll please..."a day in the life." I guess we must be related or something

    ReplyDelete