Thursday, July 15, 2010

For Posterity's Sake... Literally

  • There continues to be no shortage of hilarious Xiana statements around these parts. One day, while dancing in the mirror she said, "look at my Cinderella dance. You have to shake your booty."
  • I have discovered that she has memorized many of her books, but none are quite so cute as Where the Wild Things Are that "roll their terrible roars and mash their terrible teeth and show their terrible claws." She read it to me the other night.... truly priceless.
  • While doing "making" my hair I said, "ow, that hurts." She responded, "I'm making your hair but it's gonna hurt, but that's otay, otay?"
  • "That's my beeda beedy ba. Don't worry mommy, I speak Spanish."
  • "Once upon a time, when I was a little baby, I had a blanket and a toy."
  • Brian turned on the water while we were on the trampoline and it made a hissing sound to which Xiana exclaimed, "mommy, I just heard a zebra."
  • For father's day we got Brian some walking sticks. A few days later I found her walking around the house with her baton, using it like a cane. "Look! I can use my walking stick like my daddy."
  • One night while having dinner at my parents she blurted, "I'm a factory." "You are huh, what kind?" "A poop factory!"
  • She walked up to a pregnant woman at Wild Waters and said, "look mommy, that girl is fat."
  • After having my niece and nephew who are extremely well mannered over for a few days, she asked after finishing her dinner, "may I be extused please?" I almost fell over.
  • After being extremely cranky she fell asleep in the car way before nap time and as soon as she woke she said, "look at my face. I'm not sassy anymore."
  • After fishing one day she told us at dinner. "This fish is dead. It isn't wiggling (wiggling her hand in the air to illustrate her point) like this. It is a dead fish." And then later, "hey, this turkey is dead. It is not alive."
  • One day I told her if she made the same choice she would get a spanking. Weighing her options she said, "okay, but not hard."
  • At Wild Waters she confidently told an older girl, "that slide is totally fun. I went on it yesterday."
  • We went for a family walk after dinner one night and there was a family in their front yard playing on a swing set. She exclaimed, "look, they have fun like us!"
  • I love her.

1 comment:

  1. My favorites are the poop factory and the spankings. What a crack up! LOVE KIDS!

    ReplyDelete