Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Play group

Let me tell a little story about a little girl who was desperate for friends: Last summer, Xiana (at 18 months) pointed to the pictures on our friend's blog and said, "want more friends." Me, being the social thriver that I am sat with a broken heart as I promised her that I would find her friends. The following Sunday I walked up to Kate and asked if she were in charge of play group. The rest is history as she, not only became one of my closest friends, but introduced Xiana to all her besties and me to a plethora of companions. Next entered a certain someone (not mentioning any names, but he happens to be my husband) who had lots of siblings and nieces and nephews. Xiana then inherited a group of cousins that double as best friends. Well, we got married and moved into a house in a ward that I got on a new playgroup listing for. I couldn't possibly abandon my faithful playgroup from my old ward so we continued attending both (not to mention my nonmember playgroup). Then, we discovered that we were, in fact, attending the wrong ward. So, we went to the right ward and found ourselves with playgroups every day of the week. And all was right in the land of social engagements for myself, my social caterpillar Xiana, and her new big sister Ekco who had an absolute blast at all our playgroups.
And how could they not enjoy themselves?
Ekco loves all things water because she is sooo smart :) We went to some water activity every day she was here, and she scarcely exited the water to eat and drink.
Charlie is big enough to pump this swing much to Xiana's delight.
but at the end of the day, with all these fun activities, this is where I found the bulk of the kids.... enjoying the shade and sand under the trampoline.

No comments:

Post a Comment